What is Wildlife Tripper?
Wildlife Tripper is a new travel blog that focuses on animal and wildlife experiences for travelers. As long as I can remember I’ve always loved animals, I guess some of it goes back to spending summers in the country. As I grew older I came to find wilder animals fascinating, with dreams of seeing elephants, dolphins and other creatures in the wild.
I started this blog to help you indulge in more animal and wildlife experiences while travelling; evaluating experiences on cost, value and treatment of the animals to help you choose fun and ethical experiences.
Here’s What You’ll Find
- Animal Experiences: From safari to day tours to independent animal experiences while traveling.
- Scuba Diving & Snorkeling Experiences: Dive and snorkeling spots where you can interact with sea life.
- Travel Gear Advice: What to pack on your travels.
- Animal Facts: All types of random knowledge about your favorite creatures.
- Travel tips for wildlife lovers on their travels.
And, Who Am I?
My name is Lexi and I come from that big island with kangaroos and a whole bunch of spiders, otherwise known as Australia. Here are five facts about me.
- I have a love-hate relationship with birds and butterflies – basically anything with wings. On one hand, I love photographing them and watching them go about their business. On the other hand, I like to have them keep a safe distance from me, which probably stems from being chased by geese as a child.
- I’ve always grown up in moderate sized cities but during summer breaks my mum would send me off to the country to stay at with my aunt. There I grew a love of horses, dogs and pretty much any other furry creature I could find.
- I cried the first time I saw a sloth.
- My favorite swimming experience was with a manatee, I had really wanted to swim with dolphins but noticed the manatee swim was cheaper. Being my silly emotional self, I knew I had to do the manatee experience worrying that they probably got much less attention and might feel bad. Yes, I know how silly that sounds, and despite being a full grown adult, this is always how my logic works. This experience sparked a love of manatees, which are such peaceful and interesting creatures.
- I’m mildly obsessed with cats, so expect a few cat park and cafe articles even though they’re not technically wildlife. I will take up any chance I can to interact with cats while traveling.
You can find Wildlife Tripper on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and animal specific videos on my Animal Experiences playlist on Youtube.
If you want to see all of my travel vlogs click here, if you just want to see my animal related travels, check out the above animal playlist, or you can wait for me to post the videos on this website.